XiaoBai's Zanarkand

tÖk tÖ mË whËñ ï ãM bÖreÐ, kïs§ mË whËñ ï ãM sAd, hÜg mË whêN ï cRy, cAre fÖr mË whêN ï'M sïCk, b£ês§ mË whêN ï dïË & lOvË mË whËñ ï ãM st ã£ïvË...

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Imminent Defeat

Haiz...to be brutally truthful, NUSSC is on the verge of collapsing!! A committee of 18 members; the real actives one n those who support weekly sessions are, at most, handful. Members; even worse, far and few. With such low attendance rates, the skating group is really limited and thus, less lively. Perhaps, they juz dun bother to bond.



If they dun even bother to bond, should I continue contributing to the club?? Wasted efforts are not really a fun thing to begin with. Not to mention that maintaining a one-way traffic is tremendously exhausting. Juz like in love and any other emotional relationships, bonding needs a two-way traffic. So juz my part alone wun help.



At the very least, my contributions for the club have 'succeeded', or so to say, in some plans I have introduced to the club. Revamp of the skating course, introduction and planning of games, helping out and planning for events, establish bonding sessions and parties. Not to mention the failed projects: area group, skate camp. You win some, you lose some!



I was juz wondering when lying in bed last night: NUSSC juz can't reach my past level of passion in AHSJAB??? Well, from my stand, perhaps yes. St. John's during secondary skool was juz too fun and great; I remembered we were all so passionate back den dat we can even die for the ECA. Sort of the Kamikaze pilots. Now, the passion for skating juz dun matches dat level.



With respect to others, I also dun sense or see the similar kind of passion in most members n committee except for a few. Altruism, a trait lost in most humans!! They juz care for themselves without regards to group benefits. The club exists solely to keep them entertained, if not, den they wun be willing to participate. They forgo their altruistic commitments to the club!!! As a comm member, wad u do should be the best for the club, not you!!! When others dun share the same altruistic purposes, my altruistic commitment for the club will start to wane. Everyone in my position do. Hence, AHSJAB was perfect back den because we all share this altruism. Not in NUSSC.



Wad can we do?? Well, wad can YOU do?? Dun ask me. My time here in NUSSC is up. I will never give up on skating. However, my time in the club is up. Time to pack up and leave, unable to lift my head up. Leave..........a loser........in defeat.........



I'm still glad to make some good friends through the club though....no matter how long we knew each other. Especially clicked with those who share the same passion and altruism to the club. Cheers..........!!!



I found an apt sentence in Loudon Wainwright's The Swimming Song.


I'm a self-destructive fool, Self-destructive fool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home